Jump to Navigation

Littleton Child Support Lawyer

Helping Parents Pursue Fair Child Support Payments and Obligations

If you are getting divorced and you have one or more children who are under the age of 19, still in high school or disabled, you or your spouse may be required to pay child support. An experienced divorce lawyer can help you pursue a fair child support determination.

At the law firm of Martin D. Brown, PLLC, we work closely with our clients to protect their rights in child support cases. Every case our firm accepts is handled by Littleton child support attorney Martin Brown, who has been practicing law in Colorado since 1982.

Collecting Accurate Information for Use in the Child Support Formula

In Colorado, the courts determine how much child support, if any, one parent needs to pay by inputting certain numbers — including the number of children to be supported, each parent's income and each parent's share of child custody — into the state's child support formula.

While the courts rely heavily on this formula, it is only as good as the numbers that are put into it. If the numbers are wrong, you may pay too much or receive too little support.

Child support calculations can be particularly difficult when one parent is self-employed or owns a small business. Our firm carefully evaluates our clients' cases to ensure that child support obligations are based on accurate and complete information about income and other factors.

Obviously, these factors can change after a divorce is finalized. For instance, one parent may lose his or her job and need to take a lower-paying position. If circumstances have changed since your divorce, we may be able to help you obtain a child support modification.

Highlands Ranch Attorney · Divorce and Child Support Modification

Whether you need help pursuing a fair child support determination in your divorce case or revisiting an existing child support award, attorney Martin Brown can help. To schedule a meeting, please contact us at our offices in Littleton at 720-316-0394 or by e-mail.